Merbau: a relatively affordable and durable hardwood that is very popular, though one needs to ensure it comes from a sustainable source as it is extensively harvested across Southeast Asia.
- Merbau is an imported hardwood from south east asia region
- Valued for its strength and high durablility qualities
- Verified Legal certification
- Merbau decking is dark red through to brown in colour
- Available in 90x19mm and 140×19 both reeded one face
- Austim Merbau decking is a select grade
- Random lengths 1.8m to 5.4m (set length subject to availability and price surcharge)
- Engineered finger jointed Merbau available in 90×19 5.7m lengths reeded one face
- Termite resistant
- Natural durability class 1 above ground applications
- Bush fire resistance rating up to BAL29 per AS3959
WHY CHOOSE MERBAU DECKING ?
Merbau decking is the number one choice if your deck is in a weather exposed situation because of its high levels of durability but more so because Merbau is an extremely stable timber choice so has less tendancy to twist and warp if correctly installed. One thing to take care of with Merbau is the release of tannin when it gets wet, this will not continue indefinately and there are ways to limit it happenning, call us to discuss.